Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Recovery

It seems like it has been an eternity since I last posted. The horrific events of late have left me able to slow time down in my mind. Because of this I have been cherishing all the little blessings my dogs have brought me.

After day in and day out regular bleaching, scrubbing, and monitoring other puppies I feel I have things under control. Crazy how such a tiny virus can wreck havoc on one's life, but I am sparing no expense, or sleep, in ensuring I never have to watch this happen again. All of our bloodhound puppies are safe, healthy and HUGE, and the other yorkies who left are negative and doing excellent. I especially liked Millie's owner's statement "She behaves as if she was always in our home, as if she was meant to be here." I miss this girl, she was exceptionally pretty and such a character! For as tiny as she was she lacked nothing in energy or curiosity.

Glory the hound left with Krystal Pickett of Kings Ferry Aussies. They hope to train her up to track wounded deer, and she will be spoiled rotten! She has a webpage now devoted to her!
http://kingsferryaussies.net/KingsFerryGloryRevealed.aspx
I have no clue how she was able to get such great pictures of Glory, as Glory never did sit still long enough for me!

Harvey left as well, on an air flight to Montana to live with the Gunnink family. He did very well, and had his first experience with a wild turkey. The fun ended once he realized that the turkey was just as brave and fast as he was.

We have also kept back one bloodhound puppy, and plan to begin training with her for SAR and possibly show conformation. Susie is a big, stubborn, ornery girl with the dedication and perseverance of her thick headed mother! She is affectionate, and shows some interest in pleasing me, so I welcome the challenge. I may be setting myself up for failure with her because I allow her to sleep with me on the couch and eat popcorn at nights! Lord knows I can't say no to her sad eyes!

Daisy is being retired, as I am ready for her to be just a pet. She always was a wonderful mother, but even better with regular house manners, temperament and affection. I still wish I could have kept another daughter of hers, as Daphne is the only daughter we own, but I believe everything must happen for a reason.

Ella is noticeably pregnant now, she is due around the 26th of this month! I hope to keep one of her girls, as she has an excellent pedigree and so does Georgie, the father. Also, Anna is being bred (Georgie is a nervous nutcase now, always so worried about Anna and protecting her!). Anna had 2 girls last year, Vera and Lexy, who are both beautiful, perfect combinations of both their mother and father. Anna was such a good mother, so I hope to have a good experience with her this time around as well.

Finally, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newest boy, Jasper, from Shirley Bovay at Fantasy Yorkies. He is a parti carrier, with the most gorgeous face I have ever seen. We still have a month to wait, and Lisa Whitaker will be keeping him. I am bursting to meet him. I've had 2 girls from Shirley, Katy, who I still own, and Lori, who was rehomed because she was such a tiny girl. I am in love with Shirley's puppies, they all have such great temperaments and are very distinctive in looks. Jasper will hopefully make a great new father!

Now back to fixing my website. I've been dreading this process, but Lisa has a litter of 4 girls who need posted, and Jen's boy Matthew needs updated.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment