Monday, June 14, 2010

New Events

We've had quite a few new events over the past few days.
On Thursday I made the drive down to Autryville to visit with Mrs. Cary, who was Lucy's breeder. I brought with me Daisy, my yorkie girl, and Susie, Lucy's daughter. Daisy stayed in Autryville, I hated saying goodbye to her. I know it is better for her, she will be the center of attention. She is doing wonderfully, and being spoiled rotten!
Susie surprised even myself on Thursday. Her usual desire to buck like a bull on her leash wasn't apparent, and she walked with me better than ever. She also showed no sign of fear or aggression towards the older bloodhounds there. She met her grands and great grands, it was quite a sight. Generations of beautiful bloodhounds in the making! Susie just wanted to sniff everyone.
Lucy however was frantic at the sight of Susie leaving with me that morning. She raced back and forth and howled and cried for quite a while. Susie and Lucy are so close. I think overall it was better for Lucy to have Susie now, she will have a buddy her size.
We also picked up a new kitten, she was a stray. I took her into the vet Thursday as well, since she had fleas and an eye infection. These are cleared up now, and she has adjusted to the house, our dogs, and even my daughter very well! She is friendly, yet independent, and not shy or skittish. I think she is going to be a wonderful new cat, she is more my daughter's pet than anything. Lily could hardly sit still long enough to eat dinner the night we brought Ms. Kitty home. After every few bites she wanted to run in and check on her kitty. I love it that my daughter has the same fascination and love for animals that I do.
Finally today I had to take Lucy into the vet, she has a breast infection that developed overnight. Her pups have been weaned for 3 weeks at least now, so it's a mystery as to why this has happened just now. My first experience with this as well. Overall it doesn't look too bad, and should clear up quick with the high dose antibiotics the vet gave her.
I am so glad I decided to go to this new vet. She has been very helpful with the support and financial aspects I  needed from a vet. Of course the first visit to her I explained all my issues with previous vets, one in particular who was the worst. Not only were the prices outrageous, but I was given so much wrong advice and misdiagnosed cases. I am praying for good luck with this new vet now.
As for my upcoming litter, Ella is growing everyday. She is doing well though, and I cannot wait to see her puppies come into the world! I'm watching her closely, she is due next Saturday.
Everyone else is healthy and happy. There was a slight disruption in the pack order, with Daisy leaving us, and it was between Daphne and Katy to step up. Daphne seems to be "it" now. She's similar to her mother in behavior, this is probably why.
Tonight we have a SAR trainer coming out to evaluate Susie. She has been in her kennel all day, so she will be full of energy when the lady comes at 5 pm. I find bloodhound work amazing. I am determined to get into dog training school in the near future. For now, we will have to rely on a trainer's aid to try and get Susie up to par.
I have new Tutu's for the future puppies coming in soon, pictures will be posted on my website shortly thereafter!
www.heavenlyyorkieskennels.com

Off to clean and scrub now. Have a good evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment