Thursday, May 20, 2010

New puppies!

Earlier this week I was able to make it out of the house (surprisingly!) to visit a new litter of yorkies, sired by my little man Georgie! (Georgie is quite the little man, and he knows it!) Lisa's girl, Casey had been bred and by the looks of her stomach we both only though she would have maybe 2 puppies. Well, surprise, surprise! 4 TINY GIRLS! All of them weighed approximately 4 ounces at birth. I shouldn't be surprised, earlier last year Casey had 3 pups that ended up being about 3 lbs as of now, but I can't remember those puppies being as small as these ones are.
It is always amazing to me to see a new litter, at the young and tender age after birth. Hard to believe that in a few weeks they will be gregarious and wild, each one developing their own personality and of course, beautiful new looks. I think this is why I am so drawn to the breed, the incessant changes they have as they grow up, the coat color and the attitude!
I also was able to visit one of my previous puppies, Abbey, yesterday. It's hard to visit them, because I feel like I have missed so much. Abbey has become such a smart and beautiful girl. Now her coat is coming in pretty full, and her face has completely transformed from the black and tan that I remember her as. She has became a brilliant blue and gold in the face!
Abbey was an only puppy, and I think this is why she bonded so well to my daughter and I. I remember this girl loved being outside, she was very athletic (enough so to where she could keep up with my girl Anna!)
Although I miss her I am so happy she has brought so much joy into the lives of her new family. I guess it is selfish of me to want to keep every puppy.

In other news we are hopefully expecting a new litter from our newest girl, Ella. Ella is Hungarian imported, and so were both of Georgie's parents, so I have my fingers crossed with this one. She isn't due until June 26th, and she is not showing yet. She is also due for a bath and cut, so I will post pictures soon on my website.

As a matter of fact, everyone is due for a bath again! Even Lucy, the bloodhound. I'm debating whether or not to call out the mobile groomer...lol. Honestly, bathing her is like trying to bathe a horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment