Monday, May 17, 2010

One day at a time....

One day at a time.... this is my motto when my puppies start to leave. Today the first of my 2 litters left, Rocky (renamed Kobe!). I tend to take a little longer when I do their last grooming, maybe subconsciously I am trying to drag out those last few precious moments I have with them. Rocky was impatient, especially when he saw his new mommy... He scurried and rushed to free himself from my blowdry and brushing routine!
It's always hard to see them go. By nature, and as sensitive as I am to raising these babies, I get attached too easily, anxious to see them go, although I know from day one they will leave me. It always helps when the new owners understand that I crave pictures, phone conversations, and frequent email updates! I love seeing my puppies as they grow and change into such beautiful and sassy creatures. They truly are a blessing.
So, over the next 3 or 4 weeks I will have to say goodbye to them all, one by one.
However, I have decided to keep one special girl for a while longer, in the hopes that she will make a wonderful mommy! I will keep her until July, after that she will live with a close friend of mine.
Daisy is now reverting to our pet-only girl. We will be having her spayed shortly, and now I look forward to seeing her beautiful coat grow out of that horrendous "puppy-cut"! She is and will always be my favorite girl ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment